Why This Project


Tsisnaasjini' is the Navajo name for Mount Blanca. Also known as the Sacred Mountain of the East, Blanca is one of the four directional mountains that mark the boundaries of the Navajo Nation.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Her Names


Tsisnaasjini'
Dawn Mountain
White Shell Mountain
Mount Blanca


I've seen her almost every day for the past two years, with the exception of a few weeks out of the country and a few days out of town here and there. She overlooks the sea of dry rabbitbrush, prickly pear and tumbleweeds where I sail in my little A-frame ship.

Tsisnaasjini' is the Sacred Mountain of the East, one of the four directional mountains that represent the boundaries of the Navajo Nation.

Almost every day, I've thought to myself that I should acknowledge her somehow. This is my attempt to express the joy she gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment